The Governing Body’s responsibilities are as follow:
Activities General Programme
- Passing activities general programme
- The approval and settlement of the common budget.
- Approving investment programmes
Goods and Chattels and Real State
- Acquiring both goods and chattels and real state aiming at the fulfilment of the Consortium’s object.
- Signing as many agreements as necessary in order to achieve its goals
Contributions from the Public Sector
- Carrying out programmes that get contributions from the public, state, regional and/or local sectors, as well as from the private and academic sectors or international organizations.
- Signing and awarding as many contracts as necessary in order to achieve its goals
Expenses and Payments
- Granting permission and availability of expenses and payments as long as they are inside the budgetary limits, except for express delegation
Incorporation into the Consortium
- Allowing other universities and/or public and private entities to join the Consortium as it is stated in these statutes.
Administrative and Judicial Actions
- Approving administrative and judicial actions.
- Interpreting the Consortium’s statutes and establishing both the domestic regime rules and those complementary ones, which would be necessary according to the current legislation
- Reaching an agreement on the modification of statues, separation of the members from the Consortium due to breach or extinction of the Consortium.
Domestic Regime Rules
- Passing the Consortium’s domestic regime rules and regulations
- Any other of all kinds and analogous to the previous ones as it is established in the current legislation.
- Following the Consortium’s domestic regime regulations, an executive committee dealing with some of the Governing Body’s functions could be appointed. It could also tackle decisions on common management affecting all the entities in the Consortium.